When someone wants to build wireless networks (especially in Europe) thinks about companies like Cisco, HP and (with small projects) Mikrotik. Fortunately for the wireless industries there are few other great companies that provide wireless devices and services. We talk here about Aruba, Huawei, Ruckus and Aeorohive. Great companies with great potential.
Today I want to introduce you a first certification from Aeorohive – Aerohive Certified Wireless Administrator – ACWA. It’s a great start for you to improve your knowledge about Aerohive’s WLAN Cooperative Control architecture or start from zero and learn everything you need to implement and maintain Aerohive networks.
Even if you don’t think about a certification you can learn more about Aerohive’s solutions via free Web-Based Training.
What Exams You Must Pass to Become a ACWA
You must pass one online exam – ACWA. It’s available after completing the Aerohive Essentials WLAN Configuration (AEWC) training course.
You cannot pass the exam without taking an official training.
Format of the Exam
It’s an online test. You have 50 single and multiple-choice questions to answer in 120 minutes. This exam is completely open book and the majority of the answers can be found in the AEWC slides that all students should have in their possession.
Where You Can Pass the ACWA Exam
You can an exam after an official training. You will be using the ExamBuilder website.
How Much Does the ACWA Certification Cost
The exam is free, but you need to take an official training before the exam.
How To Renew your ACWA Certification
The certification is valid lifelong.
Scope of the ACWA Exam
- Overview of Aerohive Cooperative Control Architecture and products
- HiveManager – concepts and administration
- Using the Aerohive Wi-Fi planning tool to prepare for a deployment
- WLAN Policies for deploying global configuration settings among APs
- Aerohive Access Point and HiveManager – management and administration
- SSIDs and user-based policies
- Troubleshooting tools: Client Monitor, RADIUS Test, Packet Capture, Remote Sniffer, and VLAN Probe
- Private PSK to provide unique PSKs for enterprise users
- IEEE 802.1X/EAP – overview and configuration
- Understanding wireless measurement
- Guest management with captive web portal and GuestManager
- Stateful user-based L2/L3/L4 IP Firewall Policies
- QoS concepts and design for Voice over WiFi
- Radio profiles and high-density WLAN design
How To Prepare to the Exam
- Books that helps you with your preparation process
Examples of Job Opportunities
Your Opinion is The Most Important
Share your opinion about ACWA.
Questions and Answers
Q: What if I fail the exam?
A: If you fail the first time, you have two more attempts to get a passing grade of 75%. You must wait about 2 hours before you can take the exam a second or third time. If you do fail, you can review any questions that you got incorrect at the end of the exam.
Q: What other certifications are recommended for ACWA holders.
A: We highly recommend to focus also on certifications from CWNP and starting with CWNA. This certification gives you amazing background about wireless networks.