The Alcatel-Lucent Network Routing Specialist II – NRS II certification was created to prove theoretical and practical knowledge about working with Alcatel-Lucent 7750 Service Routers (SR) and Alcatel-Lucent 7450 Ethernet Service Switches (ESS).
It’s an amazing IT certification for all people who develop their career with Alcatel-Lucent products and work with triple play networks or enterprise solutions.
It is a unique certification, because you must pass 4 test exams (1 for NRS I) and one lab exam.
What Exams You Must Pass to Become a Alcatel-Lucent Network Routing Specialist II
You must pass following exams to become a NRS II:
- Alcatel-Lucent Interior Routing Protocols and High Availability – 4A0-101
- Alcatel-Lucent Multiprotocol Label Switching – 4A0-103
- Alcatel-Lucent Services Architecture – 4A0-104
- Alcatel-Lucent NRS II Lab Exam – NRSII4A0
You must also pass the Alcatel-Lucent Scalable IP Networks – 4A0-100 – It’s an exam required for the NRS I certification.
If you have Cisco or Juniper certifications you can avoid some of these exams. For example with CCIE RS or JNCIE-SP you need to pass only the 4A0-104 and NRSII4A0 exams.
Format of the Exam
4A0-101, 4A0-103 and 4A0-104 are standard tests.
NRSII4A0 is a lab exam. You have 3,5 hours to design, implement and troubleshoot a network on Alcatel-Lucent 7750 Service Routers (SR) and Alcatel-Lucent 7450 Ethernet Service Switches (ESS). The passing score is 80%. More information in this document.
Where You Can Pass the Alcatel-Lucent Network Routing Specialist II Exam
Any of the 4A0-101, 4A0-103 and 4A0-104 exams you can pass in the nearest Prometric center.
The NRSII4A0 exam you can pass in an Alcatel-Lucent office.
How Much Does the NRS II Certification Cost
4A0-101, 4A0-103 and 4A0-104 – cost $125 each.
NRSII4A0 costs $1100.
How To Renew your NRS II Certification
The certification is valid for 3 years. To renew the NRS II certification you must pass one more time the 4A0-104 in Prometric.
Scope of the NRS II Exam
- IP Routing Review and IPv6 Fundamentals
- Static and Default Routes
- Dynamic Routing Protocols
- Open Shortest Path First – OSPF
- Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System
- Route Redistribution, ECMP, and BDF
- MPLS Introduction
- MPLS Fundamentals
- Label Distribution Protocol
- Traffic Engineering
- Services Overview and Implementation
- Virtual Private Wire Service
- Virtual Private LAN Service
- Operations, Administration, and Maintenance
- Internet Enhanced Service
- Service Mirroring
- Virtual Private Routed Network Service
- NRSII4A0 – Lab
- Networking Fundamentals
- Routing Protocols
- Service Architecture
- L2/L3 Services
- more information in this official document
How To Prepare to the Exam
- Books that helps you with your preparation process
- Alcatel-Lucent Interior Routing Protocols – 5 days
- Alcatel-Lucent Multiprotocol Label Switching – 5 days
- Alcatel-Lucent Services Architecture – 4 days
- Register to any of these courses through this link
Examples of Job Opportunities
Your Opinion is The Most Important
Share your opinion about NRS II.
Questions and Answers
Q: How can I test my skills before the exam?
A: Alcatel-Lucent has in their offer a pre-assessment test for testing your NRS skills.
Q: Where can I follow progress with AL certifications?
A: Use this portal.