List of Project Management Certifications
Companies like Project Management Institute (PMI) have created a great value for project managers. Also companies who want to hire only the best PMs hire people with experience and project management certifications.
PMI is a leader on the market, but new companies, agile methods and more specialized certifications are also very important on the project management certifications industry.
- 1 List of Project Management Certifications
69 Certifications from 19 Vendors
- 1.0.1 APMG
- 1.0.2 BCS/ISEB
- 1.0.3 BICSI
- 1.0.4 Cabinet Office
- 1.0.5 CNet Training
- 1.0.6 CompTIA
- 1.0.7 DSDM
- 1.0.8 GIAC
- 1.0.9 ICAgile
- 1.0.10 Infosys
- 1.0.11 IPMA
- 1.0.12 iSQI
- 1.0.13 Microsoft
- 1.0.14 PMI-Project Management Institute
- 1.0.15 Quality Assurance Institute (QAI)
- 1.0.16 SAP
- 1.0.17 Scrum Alliance
- 1.0.18 Scrum.Org
- 1.0.19 Six Sigma
List of Project Management Certifications
69 Certifications from 19 Vendors
APMG has in the offer many project management certifications. Ownership belongs to other companies like Cabinet Office or DSDM, but the development is made by APMG. Here you find certifications that not belongs to Cabinet Office or DSDM.
- Agile Project Management Foundation
- Agile Project Management Practitioner
- Project Management in Development Level 1
- Project Management in Development Level 2
- Project Management in Development Level 3
- Certificate in Programme and Project Management
Project Management certifications from BCS/ISEB aren’t popular on the market, but BCS/ISEB provides certifications dedicated to IS and for those working in or managing Project Support Offices.
- IS Project Management Foundation Certificate
- Certificate in IS Project Management
- Certificate in Programme and Project Support Office Essentials
- Advanced Certificate in Programme & Project Support Office
BICSI has one certification for project managers and to be more specific to project managers, project coordinators, lead technicians seeking new career paths in this rapidly growing telecommunication field.
You’ve probably haven’t heard about Cabinet Office, but for sure you’ve heard about ITIL framework, PRINCE2 and other IT certifications. Cabinet Office has an ownership for these titles.
- PRojects IN Controlled Environment (PRINCE2) Foundation
- PRojects IN Controlled Environment (PRINCE2) Practitioner
- PRojects IN Controlled Environment (PRINCE2) Professional
- Management of Risk (M_o_R)
- Management of Portfolios (MoP)
- Management of Value (MoV)
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP)
- Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (P3O)
CNet Training has in the offer 5 certifications for people that build and work in Data Centers. They also provide one certification for people that manage projects in Data Centers.
CompTIA has only one project management certification. If you do not have any experience with project in IT departments, this IT certification is for you.
DSDM is a creator of an Agile Project framework. They certifications are based on this framework, but not all of them are developed by DSDM itself (here we must again talk about APMG).
- DSDM Atern Foundation Exam
- DSDM Advanced Practitioner
- DSDM Trainer Certification
- DSDM Atern Coach
- DSDM Consultant
- Agile Foundation Certification
- Agile Leader Advanced Practitioner
GIAC is one of the leaders in the security certification world. They provide also one IT certification for security professionals and managers who lead project teams and want to demonstrate their understanding of PM methodology.
ICAgile is a creator of another Agile Project framework. They provide three certifications for project managers that help you with understanding their framework and implement it to your PM team.
- Certified ICAgile Professional
- ICAgile Expert
- Master Agilist
Infosys offers one project management certification. Infosys Certification for IT Project Management has evolved from the training and development of their employees for over 25 years.
- IT Project Management Certification
IPMA is a World-leading not-for-profit project management association. They have 55 members (companies) that help to create the IPMA framework for Project Managers.
- IPMA Level D: Certified Project Management Associate
- IPMA Level C: Certified Project Manager
- IPMA Level B: Certified Senior Project Manager
- IPMA Level A: Certified Projects Director
- IPMA PMC : IPMA Certified Project Management Consultant
- IPMA PPMC : IPMA Certified Programme and Portfolio Management Consultant
iSQI is a German company that provide two certification for PMs. One of them covers V-Model® XT Project model and second provides whole PM framework and helps to start and end a project.
Microsoft offers two certifications that help you to understand Microsoft’s tools for PMs. Microsoft Project and Project Server are very important in many corporations and these certifications prove your knowledge.
PMI-Project Management Institute
PMI is a legend in the PM certifications industry. Their project management certifications are hard to achieve. We also see that PMI follows (or creates) trends. New PMI-ACP certification proves that, but still the PMP certification is the best on the market to understand PM’s topics and prove your knowledge and experience.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)
Quality Assurance Institute (QAI)
Quality Assurance Institute delivers one project management certification. It is recommended for understanding practice of software project management, and evaluate your ability to apply that knowledge to practice.
SAP has several certification for Project Managers. These certifications are based on SAP’s products , but also teaches ideas behind the products’ level. These certifications prove that you have a basic understanding within a consultant profile, and can implement this knowledge practically in projects.
- SAP Certified Application Associate – Project Management with SAP ERP
- SAP Certified Application Associate – Project System with SAP ERP
- SAP Certified Application Associate – Portfolio and Project Management
- SAP Consultant Certification Solution Consultant mySAP PLM – Quality Management
- SAP Certified Associate Project Manager
Scrum Alliance is a company that provides and implement in their certification a Scrum framework based on agile methodology. Their certifications help you to prove your agile skills.
- Certified Scrum Master
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
- Certified Scrum Professional
- Certified Scrum Coach
- Certified Scrum Trainer
Scrum.org presents the same framework as Scrum Alliance. These two companies for years are competition to each other. And this is the best part of the story, because these products, trainings, certifications and the framework itself is amazing.
Six Sigma isn’t just another project management program. Six Sigma provides a structured data-driven methodology with tools and techniques that companies can use to measure their performance. These certifications help you to understand this methodology and help you to implement it to your organization.
- White Belt Certification
- Yellow Belt Certification
- Green Belt Certification
- Black Belt Certification
- Master Black Belt Certification
- Lean Six Sigma & DFSS Certification
Don’t you know which Project Management Certification is for you? Read our interview with Tony Johnson – How to Take Charge of Your Project Management Skills.
We try to build the complete list of project management certifications. If you think we missed something, email the author [email protected]